Sunday, May 1, 2011

Crisis 2


Overview
Crisis 2 is a EA game from the shooter genre, that has won quite a few awards at the E3 showings in categories such as best graphics and best shooter. So, this is probably the most hyped game I've played in quite some time. Crisis 2 takes place in the year 2023 where natural disasters have ravaged the Earth and now aliens have come to finish us off. Donned with a crazy-sweet futuristic nanosuit, your job is to take out alien forces in New York city and save mankind.

Below I have the game's official T.V. spot, which features one of my favorite artists B.O.B. If you like the song that you hear from the soundtrack I have a link for you to download it. 



Campaign Mode
I start my campaign on soldier (normal difficulty), which takes you through a highlight of what's going on in modern day New York, which from the looks of it, New York seems to be in a bit of a crisis.

You enter the city as a marked man, with your nanosuit as your only strength. It powers your energy and allows you to run, jump, strike and analyze at a level that normal humans could never accomplish. You also have a stealth power in your suit called the cloak. This helps you move about undetected. The nanosuit also has a shield feature which protects you during combat and nanovision which is similar to thermal sight. The Campaign mode starts out slow to let you master your powers. After a while you get your first battle with aliens, hand-to-hand combat works best against these foes and saves ammunition.The build-up in campaign mode is pretty slow, but the graphics and the tactics you have to use to stay alive keep you aware and ready for the next stage.

Here are some screenshots courtesy of IGN and Gamespot


As you can see the detail in this game is unmatched and leads up to great gameplay. What I found really interesting about this game, is the use of light in contrast to a large majority of games that use darkness to surprise the gamer with enemies. Crisis 2 offers a different perspective and keeps you mesmerized the entire time your playing.

As the game progresses, your enemies increase along with the power of your nanosuit. If you use your suit correctly, you can easily master this game on one of the more easier levels. I found it to be very challenging the further along I got.

Online Gameplay
For online gameplay you have six modes to play. Of those modes, I got to play two of them team unstant action (team battles) and instant action (single-player battles). Each of which were pretty basic, Weapons customization, experience points based ranking and unlock system, with fight to the death mentalities. In these modes, you are no longer in your coveted nanosuit. Although, you do still have its powers, the powers are a lot less effective due to the fact you are playing against 11 other versions of yourself.

Online play is pretty well developed, but it does remind me of the basic modes found in other games more famous for developing those modes; such as Halo or Call of Duty series.

Final Verdict
Crisis 2 is quite the intriguing pick-up, with the dazzling graphics, all the hardware and critically acclaimed reviews. The campaign mode does not disappoint, with the online play ranking at above average based on the different modes of play available and continued quality of graphics and smooth movement. With that being said, replay value is high and I recommend you BUY this game and add it to your collection.

2 comments:

  1. You have written a good review. Your descriptive writing gives the reader a clear understanding of what they are getting when they purchase this game. The game sounds intense, too intense for my blood. Considering that your target audience is probably males, ages 12-24, most hard-core gamers would appreciate this review. Personally, as a mother of two daughters, I would love to see you write one review on a game that may appeal to girls. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This game looks awesome. Congratulations on another thorough review - the detail in the screen shots looks amazing.

    I noticed one typo the second time I looked at your review - in the first paragraph "dawned" when I think you mean "donned." Otherwise, it's a perfect review.

    ReplyDelete