Have you ever bought a video game that you were really looking forward to that just did not live up to the hype? Or, continually paid the rental fee for that one game that you just cannot get enough of, that you initially did not want to pony up the dough for? If so then this blog will definitely help you through the process of deciding to Rent or Buy a new video game release.
Video Game Value: Rent or Buy will help ease you through the long articles found in other magazines and the process of making judgement calls on risky releases. I will be reviewing the newest games and popular titles that you are thinking about purchasing. The platform for game reviewal will mostly be on the XBOX 360 console, with some PS3 exclusives thrown in. I will be reviewing the titles based on one specific variable: time. I will have no longer than five days to make as much progress on the specified game as possible, hopefully delivering an thorough, yet quick evaluation helping all my fellow gamers make a decision on where to spend your next 70-plus dollars.
Key aspects for each game I will be looking for will be: graphics, smoothness, story development, playability, story mode, multi-player mode (if applicable), online play and resale value. After all my review is finished I will give a rating or Rent or Buy, and list reasons why. Also, I will be incorporating some cool screenshots from each title, suggested retail price found in common stores (Wal-Mart, Best Buy) and possibly music from the soundtrack.
Also, you the reader can E-mail me titles you would like me to review. As we all have experienced, video games can be misleading, or there can be hidden gems that turn into cornerstones of the industry with the drop of a dime. By becoming a subscriber to VGV, hopefully you can stay ahead of the curve and on top of your game.
Hope you enjoy
Hey Tino,
ReplyDeleteI think you have a solid concept with this blog, and the time factor will be a good gauge of how difficult a game is. Are you thinking of doing a standard amount of time for each game, or just trying to get as far as possible in each one?
Also, good color scheme.
Finally, you probably want to change "pony up the doe for" to "pony up the dough for." I do that all the time, replacing one word with a sound-alike.
Tino,
ReplyDeleteI was drawn to your blog because I have a boyfriend that loves video games. Soooo...I hope that you are going to do a review of the new video game coming out soon...Mortal Kombat.
This blog is neat and clean. Looks very professional, and I like the way you have added spaces to make the reading easier for the viewer.
Great concept! I'll be looking forward to what you have to say.
Hola Tino,
ReplyDeleteI am not a gamer, but hopefully I can give some constructive feedback=) I like the color scheme as well, and I also like the fact that you are going to give your audience the reader's digest version when critiquing the games. If I was going to purchase something, I would tend to gravitate toward the proverbial nuts and bolts rendition=) Muy Excellente!